Monday, November 23, 2009

How Boring Can I Be?

laundry-icon Committing to blog every day is a decent idea, and a noble attempt at, um... something. I forget what it was. Something to do with practicing writing. That would be fine if there was anything noteworthy to write about, I guess. I'm going to have to be more active and interesting for the next month just so I can have something to write about every day. It might help if I remembered to get in here and write before midnight.

My day today? I did my laundry and tidied up a bit. I'd post a recipe of my dinner for the day, but it was oven pizza. I'd like to say please stay tuned, things will be more exciting tomorrow, but all I'm doing is a staff meeting and one last quick trip to the grocery store before Thanksgiving.

Hmmm... Four days in and I'm beginning to realize what a dull writer I am. I guess I should take the craft more seriously. Feel the moment. Be the laundry.

Peering through the dusty beams of sunlight streaming in through the back door glass, I considered the neatly folded, brightly colored piles of freshly laundered clothing standing side by side along the edge of the table, like a row of indian corn. Na, laundry is laundry.

I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Retta said...

HA ... love what you did with the end of your post! Na, laundry is laundry. While that may be true, some people like doing laundry & others don't. I guess I"d like it if I had the kind of clothes I want ... overalls that don't make me look like a huge Army tent, bras that don't look like their sling shots for huge tractor tires LOL ...
On a serious note .. You're not a dull writer! You're *real* when you write ... and I personally like that! You have moments where you write comedy, moments where you write realistically, moments where you write politically .. this post probably enabled a lot of housewives to look at laundry in a better light (even if only momentarily) LOL