Monday, July 11, 2011

The Anniversary Gift




I'm making a quick post about this because I promised myself I was going to 'chronicle the journey' and as small as it is, this is a part of that journey.

I got a battery for my anniversary!!  Not a very big deal to most folks, but to me it was the best!!  We have a trailer now, and I want to get it to a place where we can be independent of any grid ties at some point.  One battery is hardy off-grid, but it's the first step, and I'm plum tickled!  I got a little trickle charger to go with it for the short run, to (someday soon) be replaced with a few solar panels and maybe a small wind generator for good measure.  One small step,  but it is a step none the less.

For years I've dreamed of this,  prayed about it, gone through bouts of sadness because it seemed so far away, and now it is close at hand. It seems to be going so fast!  I am LOVIN' the ride!

Stay tuned...

No comments: