Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Shifty...




What if I decided 1 foot could be 11 inches just this time for this one build, because I have a good reason, and it's just easier- .just.this.one.time.

NO, 1 foot = 12 inches. It's the standard. You start changing the standard and nothing will fit, and whatever you try to build will be horrible, ugly and unstable. Trust me: your "one time" easy way out will catch up one day, and the fall thereof will be great.

Keep to your standards. If you don't, don't come crying to me, don't think you can convince me to change mine because my emotions are pricked. Don't expect me to feel anything for you but pity for your foolish, stiff-necked ways. You made your choices and now you have consequences. The way of the transgressor is hard.

To the rest of us: learn from the ways of those who suffered by thinking that changing their standards could ever help them. DON'T CHANGE YOUR STANDARDS.

I'm stunned at how many people will lower their own standards because of their feelings, as if emotion had any bearing on the truth. Shaking my head, for real. How can you trust people like that? Their foundations are like sinking sand. Maybe that's what it means to be "shifty." Just ponderin' life.

No comments: