Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Another Sign on the Road




I'm not some great expert, but I'm just putting in my 2 cents.

I know everyone is sick of politics.  I am, too.  However, I think this situation we find ourselves in has less to do with right/left politics, and Dem/GOP parties.  This is a good vs evil sort of an ideological battle.  If you are looking around you can see that the internal struggles are at the tipping point.  In the natural world of human beings, things are about to get ugly.  

As for me, I'm a believer in Jesus, I believe that we are in the last days.  We know what kind of mayhem is coming upon us at some point, no matter the political scenarios. We've seen this coming for a long time. So long, in fact, that some of us (I) got complacent.  I consider voting a duty to my country and the least (literally) that I can do to try to accomplish things I can never accomplish on my own.  Our part in this world is to do what we think is right and to do our best, and when we are at the end of our own abilities, to enable those who are in positions to make the changes we want to see made, happen.

I know these are just politicians, and that there are globalist overlords and evils unspeakable, all that, but if my teeny vote can spare one innocent life, help one unfortunate person, change one unjust law, even for just a short time, then I feel obligated to vote intelligently and faithfully.  That's just my personal convictions on the matter as it stands.

This election has been highly charged, probably, truth be told, since the outcome of the last one was known.  The further we went through this last four years, the wider the gap and the deeper the rift between the factions.  We know a lot of it was by design, and we can see what's happening to some degree, but the lines are clearly drawn.  

If President Trump wins with a squeaker, or if courts find in his favor, the left will explode with insane levels of rioting and brutality because he "stole" it.  If they win, they will think it's a mandate, and they will use the opportunity ALSO to riot in some twisted sort of celebration.  It won't stop with celebration.  They will use it as a mandate to march into communism.  They will think they do the country a favor to punish the rest of us "n@zis and fascists" who have "ruined their democracy"... yada, yada. Life will be intolerable for anyone who's not with them.  No matter how it ends up they will not be easy to live with.  

In all likelihood, Trump will win, probably in litigations all the way up to the Supreme Court.  It would be naive to think the left would somehow be satisfied, appeased or that they might change their ways in the four years leading up to the next election.  Things are not going to improve over the next four years and have us find them magically content to abide by our laws next time around.

My take on this particular election is this:  we have a few weeks to see how things go, but EITHER WAY I think we are only going to have a few months, and God willing, up to another 4 year window of time to get ready. I have to say, I will take every day and every year I can get, because we're never really ready enough are we?  But I think this is truly the BIG wake up call.  If you've been looking for a sign for when to pull the lever and go full bore into prep/survival mode, I think now we're seeing that sign.  I'm not a panic monger or a fearful person, and I'm not trying to spread more stress or anything like that-- I just see the writing on the wall.  We are far past my personal "red-line."  It's time to go now.  

If you aren't ready, it's time to up your game and go into 100% efforts.  Personally, for me, it's always been an "out there somewhere" thing that I felt the need to prepare for.  I took it seriously, but til now I never really felt the urgency or the certainty that it's truly right upon us. When I really started seeing it (and became aware that this reality is very, VERY close) I also realized I am not where I need to be in order to make it. 

At my house, this is not going to be treated as a drill, or an exercise.  I am older, and we have very little to work with, we were robbed of our meager savings a few years ago and will be starting over.  Time and resources are key for us, and we'll have to play our cards like masters, but I'm making the move before the end of the year to find a small piece of land, take my stash, and GET THERE.  The details will play out and the day to day struggles will test us, but the decision is made... late, but just skinny-ing in before the balloon goes up, I think.

*IF* this isn't *IT* then I think it's the cue to make the move and get established.  Could be that God wants to wake up a bunch more folks and He'll give us more time in His mercy.  I hope that's the case, but, like a good prepper, I'm going to be ready in case I was right in the first place.  

Anyway, heads up, friends.  Stay calm, and stay ready.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." -- Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Retta said...

I agree, that no matter what happens or which direction this election goes, things are only going to get worse. We've been feeling very pressed to get up & go, especially over the last few months. I struggle with impatience because I don't want to be where we live, when "it" really hits the fan.

My favorite scripture for times like this, "Fear not for I am with you, says the Lord." Isaiah 41:10

I couldn't imagine going through all this without God. I find myself having to soak in worship & praise music.

Great post <3 <3 <3