Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh! The Weather Outside is Frightful!




Well, frightful might be a little strong, but
for us here in Mohave County, Arizona, it has been pretty wintry! I don't think it ever topped forty-five degrees today. It has been gray and drizzling since I came out of church last night. I absolutely love this kind of weather! All day long I've been pacing from window to door and inventing reasons to go outside in it and get wet and cold. It's clearing up as I type, but for the moment it's still blustery and damp, just crying out for a nice, cozy lap blanket and a cup of hot tea.

This would be a great night for a fire. Sadly, we don't have a fireplace. There are so few days here where we'd actually get any use out of one. I got a small wood burning stove at a yard sale once, but we never installed the thing. It's sort of a spendy undertaking, both time and money wise. With the triple-walled flue pipe and all that's involved with putting that in, plus bricking in the area where we would want to sit it, we just never went to the effort to do it. Maybe I will. Maybe I will...

No comments: