Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sharing a Wonderful Blog



If you aren't already familiar with it, I would like to introduce you to a wonderful blog.  It's called Rural Revolution.  It's the blog site of freelance writer Patrice Lewis, who has written some wonderful books including her self-sufficiency series, which I love, and The Simplicity Primer.  I haven't gotten The Simplicity Primer yet, but it was a big seller and everyone I talked to said it was her best, and sure to become the standard for books in it's genre.  If you are thinking her name seems familiar, it may be because she is also a regular contributor at WND.

I took this from her blog; it is what she says of herself:


"We do what I jokingly call the Three H’s: Homesteading, Homeschooling, and Home Business-ing.  What this means is that we are striving to grow or raise our own food on our forty-acre farm in north Idaho; we are educating our own children; and we have a home craft business that has provided our income for the past fifteen years.
Our unique lifestyle has given me the interest and capacity to write on the above subjects with some degree of confidence."

Go on over and check out her blog site.  She has the most practical way of looking at things and is truly a breath of fresh air.  Poke around a little.  Subscribe to her feed.  I'm telling you, I subscribe to so many blogs it's ridiculous, so many I can almost never read them all, but I seldom fail to read hers.  She's so warm and friendly that she feels like family.

I recommend all of her writing, but since I've been on a bit of a tear lately about the public school system, I wanted to share this particular blog post: One-Hundred Reasons.  Please, go over and read it, and feel free to pass this around to all your friends who have kids in school.  As you know, I consider the indoctrinating of our children to be the key issue, the one the media is constantly steering us away from by diverting our attention towards things that are ever so pressing, pressing, pressing!  Please, head on over.  Link to her, Facebook it, whatever you can do.  I believe time is running out.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Don & Patrice are good folks. You haven't owned a quality tankard until you buy one of theirs.

Representative said...

I intend to get a set. I was thinking I'd find them at a Renaissance Faire, but I haven't had the opportunity to go back.

I can tell they are wonderful people. I'm very inspired by them.