Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 13 - Age



I'm thankful for my age.  Pastor Joe thought it was the weirdest thing that I liked my wrinkles and whatnot. I'd never really thought about it much until he laughed at me for it, but not a lot of people, women in particular, like looking older.

Mind you, I'm not just thrilled with them all.  The "let the air out of my neck" thing doesn't excite me much, but some off it is just cool!    My crepe-y skin is soft and interesting to look at.  What's wrong with gray hair and a little meat around the middle?   I'd ten to one rather try to look natural and "kempt" at fifty-three than try to look twenty-five at fifty-three and come off garish, harsh and obviously dissatisfied with my regular self.  Life makes you look the way you look.  I have a good life that I enjoy.  I look fine.  :)

Things change as you get older, some good, some bad; we adjust.  I wouldn't go back to my youth for all the tea in China!  I am settled, gained a little wisdom, I'm not worried about being cool anymore, my fashion statement is what fits and doesn't have holes or stains (just kidding...  sort of) and my need for outside stimulation can be met in a lawn chair in the morning with a hot cup of coffee.  The only thing I miss a bit is the energy level.  I could use some of the abundant energy I had when I was a teenager.  I could put it to much better use now than I did then, that's for sure.

My grandma used to say, "Youth is wasted on the young." Oh, haha, Gramma!  NOW I get it!

No comments: