Monday, November 26, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 26 - Laughing






Thank God for laughter!  
Most of my life growing up things were pretty tense.  I always tried to fill in any stressful periods with conversation to keep the stress level as low as I could.  If things took a bad turn I would always try to divert the bad situation by adding something lighthearted or a dose of comedy if I possibly could.  Even as a child I knew that if we could just start laughing we could fix just about anything.

Now that I'm all grown up with a home of my own, there is a lot of laughter in our house.  It just comes naturally now.  Sometimes we laugh so hard we can barely breathe!  Tears roll!  We squeak and wheeze!  Sometimes it's not even funny, but we laugh like idiots anyway.  Who hasn't stayed up too late and laugh hysterically at everything?  Or nothing? 

A friend of mine said to me once, "Christians don't have to drink to have a good time, we just have to stay up late."  Too true!  too true!

Laughing.  It's probably my favorite thing, more even than eating and sleeping, and that's saying a lot!

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." ~ Proverbs 17:22  

(photo credit)

No comments: