Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 6


November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 6



Today I am thankful for the Election Day!  Of course I'm going to talk about freedom, voting, rights, duty, patriotism, love of country, homeland,  mom's apple pie, whatever, and I certainly will: but not today.  Today I am truly thankful that all of the campaign ads and hostility between opposing sides is over for at least a little while.  

Does that sound trite?  I don't mean for it to.   The political process in this country has turned into a long, drawn out, stressful and ugly thing.  We as a nation need to stop and catch a breath.  This war between the blue and the red is tearing us up.  We need healing as a nation, and an awakening to the truth, not more mind numbing media propaganda and mud slinging which only instigates more division and more hostility between us.

I'm not deluding myself.  I know that soon the campaigns will start again.  They start earlier and earlier every election cycle.  I know that all the social media outlets will continue to have arguments and the winners will gloat and the losers will whine.  I know the news outlets will spin, spin, spin!  I know!  I know!  I know!  But, for at least a little while, as far as big media campaign commercials, national or local, paid ads, private ads and the roadsides being littered with signs and posters, we will be granted a reprieve from the inundation we've endured -- at least for a little while.  May it be more peaceful than thought possible and last longer than expected!

So let it be written; so let it be done!

(photo credit)

No comments: