Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 18



I'm thankful for Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  To begin with, it was in the big middle of my favorite season. Anything festive in the fall was wonderful to me as far back as I can remember.  Secondly, the family came together for Thanksgiving.  It seemed that more of us made it back to be together at gramma's house for Thanksgiving than for any other holiday.  Eventually it became my favorite holiday because I recognized how amazingly blessed we are, and I am thankful to God.  The idea that we could have a national holiday just to thank Him is great, isn't it?  

It's everything about Thanksgiving that I like! This holiday suits us!! We are the eating-est, thankful-est, hanging out-est bunch around! Food, family, relaxation, great weather, leftovers, games, napping: all with a heart of thanksgiving to God for all He has given us.  

Have a happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

(photo credit)

No comments: