Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 27 - Drawing



I'm thankful that I can draw, which means, of course, that I should be doing it!   

I love to draw.  I'm not half bad at it, either, but I haven't taken the time to do much of it in years.  I set it aside when I started having kids and juggling life.  You know how it is.  

Lately I've been drawn toward it again, no pun intended.  I have all I need to start, but for some reason I'm just not jumping in there and doing it.  It seems like I have to have something in mind to draw before I start, and I can never think of a good subject.  I know I don't.  I could just draw whatever is nearby until I reacquaint myself with the motions and the equipment, but I just haven't done it.   

Then there's the ever present "blank page" to contend with.  I don't want to put that first mark on the new paper.  That's just as dumb as not knowing what to draw, yet it's almost an invisible line I can't cross.  I had this great idea (that I haven't tried) that I should put a thin watercolor wash on a few sheets of drawing paper just to take away the blankness of it.  Maybe I should just scribble a few background lines: anything to shut that screaming blank page up long enough to put a pencil on it.  When I do something I'm not ashamed of I'll post it.


No comments: