Friday, November 2, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 2

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 2

I will try to keep these posts short, at least shorter than the first one.  I also wanted to mention that these things I am thankful for are in no particular order.  It's just how it comes to me.  




Today I am thankful for: Hope.

hope (hp)
v.intr.
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Archaic To have confidence; trust.
v.tr.
1. To look forward to with confidence or expectation: 
2. To expect and desire. Synonym - expect



“Hope itself is like a star- not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity. ” 
― Charles H. Spurgeon

I don't know if there is such a thing, but I think I'm naturally hopeful.  I'm always expecting wonderful things.  On dark days and in low places I always remember the hope that lifts me and brightens my life.  I started to say that I developed this supernatural ability as a child, but it was the Lord all along.  He directed my steps before I was aware of Him in times that I may not have survived otherwise.  He is so faithful and merciful.  

Some people are hopeless, or at least they think they are.  I believe that Hell, the absence from God, is the only place that is truly hopeless, but some people really feel like they have no hope.  I can't imagine a life like that!  There is ALWAYS hope in this life.  Look for that little light.  The cracking that you may think is shattering your life is only there to allow the light to come in.  Look for it.  It is there.  It comes from within, because that's where the Lord lives.
Proverbs 10:28 - "The hope of the righteous is gladness, But the expectation of the wicked perishes."

Hope changes everything.  

*If you do not know the Lord, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to introduce you to Hope.

(photo credit)

No comments: