Thursday, November 8, 2012

November - 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 7




OK, gamers, today I am thankful for leveling up.  
I know this may sound arrogant, but not everyone can handle pressure and stress the way I can.  I've grown into a strong individual.   I must have passed at least some of the tests in my life or I wouldn't be so tough.  I have been leveling up!  God must be grooming me for great things!  I want nothing more than to learn what He's trying to teach me, pass my test and move on to the next level.  I don't always like my tests, and I don't always pass my tests the first time, but thankfully we're allowed retakes.  Testing determines proficiency, right?  I must be learning something!

When times are hard, when the test is on, trust what you have been taught.  Psalms 16:7 says, "I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: My reins also instruct me in the night seasons."  Your "reins" are your faith and your will. If you have learned from His counsel, it is time to trust what He taught you and hold yourself to it despite how you may feel or how things may seem.  In that night season it is hard to see what we are doing.  This is what we trained for.  This is why we are tested.  Hold to what you know!  If you don't quit you win!!

Some people quit in the middle of their tests.  They whine and complain because it's hard and they can't do it, only to find themselves back in the same test again another day.  "I know God said "     fill in the blank     " but you don't understand my situation," or, "I tried that, but it didn't work for me."  I hate to break it to them, but if you fail a test, whatever your excuse reason, you don't move on, you go back.  You retake it.  Stop failing!  Start passing!  It's not easy.  If it was easy everybody would be doing it, but it is worth it.  


(photo credit)

No comments: